These conditions apply to all bookings whether booked via “Eastwood Whelpton”’s website (ew.pathlightdesign.uk) or any other third-party site that offers holidays/training courses on our yachts.
- BOOKING DEPOSIT: A booking deposit of 25% of the total balance due must be paid with each booking.
- BALANCE: The hirer is responsible for the balance of the hire charge which must be paid six weeks before the start date of the hire. If the balance is not paid by the due date the hiring may be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- EXTRAS: Optional extras such as sailing dinghies may be available at extra charge but are subject to availability at the hire start date.
- CANCELLATION: If the hirer cancels the booking, Eastwood Whelpton must be notified immediately by telephone or email. The deposit paid will be forfeited for all cancellations up to 6 weeks before the holiday date, and anything cancelled within 6 weeks of the commencement of the holiday the hirer will be responsible for full payment of hire terms. If the boat is re-let the money will be refunded with a deduction of £100.
- DAMAGE: Insurance against accident or loss is included in the terms of hire subject to an excess of £250 (per incident – not per booking). The hirer is expected to take reasonable care of the boat and equipment, and to report and pay for any damage to the boat or for equipment lost, damaged, broken or stolen (up to the excess value).
- ACCIDENTS: The named Skipper on the Handover sheet completed at the start of the hire is in charge of the boat and is responsible for its safe navigation within the Broads. If the boat is involved in an accident or is otherwise damaged, it is the responsibility of the Skipper to establish and record the name and registration number of all boats involved, together with the name and address of their owners and/or hirers and report these details, with details of any damage, to Eastwood Whelpton as soon as possible via the contact details in the Boat Manual. The Skipper will be required to complete a full accident report including diagrams of the circumstances of the incident on return to the boatyard.
- INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY: Eastwood Whelpton is not liable for death, personal injury, or loss or damage to the hirer or any member of the party or their property (including any motor cars parked at the boatyard) unless it is caused by Eastwood Whelpton’s negligence.
- MINORS: No person under the age of 18 may control the boat unless under the supervision of an experienced adult.
- BOARDING THE BOAT: The normal time for boarding the boat will be from 1400 up to 1600 for week hires and from 1200 for short breaks on the hire start date. Earlier start times made be available on request made in the 7 days prior to the hire start date. If Eastwood Whelpton is prevented by circumstances beyond their control from making the boat available, every reasonable effort will be made to provide a suitable alternative. If a suitable alternative cannot be provided, all monies paid by the hirer will be refunded but no further liability will be accepted.
- RETURN OF THE BOAT: The boat and all its equipment must be returned to the boatyard in a clean and tidy condition, equivalent to the pickup condition by 9.00 am on the last day of hire. A charge may be made if the boat is not returned on time or if it is not in a clean and tidy condition.
- NAVIGATIONAL RESTRICTIONS: On no account may the hirer:
- Cause the boat to tow or be towed by other craft unless with professional assistance or prior permission from Eastwood Whelpton.
- Navigate the boat outside daylight hours i.e. between the hours of sunset and sunrise as defined in the Broads tide table (copy on each yacht).
- Permit the boat to be taken out to sea below Haven Bridge, Great Yarmouth, or through the lock at Oulton Broad.
- UNSUITABLE HIRERS: All boats are let on an unattended basis. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure the skipper and crew are experienced enough to handle the yacht and are not sailing under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Eastwood Whelpton reserves the right to decline to accept a booking or to hand over a boat to any person or group where, in the opinion of Eastwood Whelpton:
- The boat’s facilities are not suitable for the person or any group member.
- The named Skipper does not have the skills or ability to safely manage the navigation and upkeep of the yacht.
- Any hirer or group member exhibits unsuitable behaviour that requires the intervention of Broads Authority Rangers, Broads Beat Police or other police authorities.
Eastwood Whelpton Ltd.
9th July 2020