- Local expertise from your skipper to help you experience the thrill of a sail.
- Sail a beautifully maintained 100 year old Classic Wooden Half Decker.
- Learn a new skill and experience the beautiful Norfolk Broads National Park & local wildlife from the water.
- Snacks and picnic lunch as an optional extra or make a stop at a local pub for lunch.
- Suitable for beginners
- Perfect for all ages, from children to oldies
- Perfect for families, couples or small groups
- Available on Gaff, Bermudan or half-decker yachts
- Lifejackets provided on arrival.
- Full safety briefing.
- Sailing instruction during your session to enable you to be as ‘hands on’ as you wish.
Discover the Joys of River Sailing
Sailing on a Norfolk River can be very different!
The ever twisting rivers and changing wind and tide, reed beds and trees on the river bank, fellow river users and other sailors around you, all add to the challenge of you making the best of the wind and the river to make progress to get to your destination and enjoy the ride.
With great local knowledge our instructors know every inch of the waters around here between them and they will get you safely to your destination and back home again. There will be fun, laughter, joy and some wonderful stories too. Sit back and relax or hold tight and enjoy the ride!
You May Also Like
“We had a fantastic trip aboard Windjammer. The staff at Eastwood Whelpton were very helpful and the boat was clean and tidy on arrival. All social distancing was maintained as we did the introduction before setting sail.”
“Best way to unwind… in the wind! After the fun and excitement of arriving and setting sail, you can feel life’s pressures falling away. Eastwood Whelpton is a lovely family owned boatyard on the beautiful Norfolk Broads. A short stay gives you just enough time to sail up to Hickling and Horsey, two lovely sailing destinations, where you can experience life at a pace it is meant to be. Cannot wait until we go again!”
Caroline & Jeremy Naylor
“So good we went twice summer 2020! Lovely friendly yard, great service, boats well kept and in good condition. Ropes replaced when getting worn, which is so important for enjoying sailing. Goodie bag and pint of milk in the fridge on arrival – they really take care of you.”
Pippa & Stewart Yuill
“Wonderful family sailing on the Broads. Eastwood Whelpton are an extremely friendly and professional team and this year also offering a very Covid-aware service, along with their traditional warm welcome. Just boarding begins to replenish the soul and a week aboard is life enhancing.”
Jon & Alison Waltho – Summer 2020