- Full 4 day programme of mixed fleet racing on a classic yacht.
- Beautiful Barton Broad with use of The Norfolk Punt Club Pontoon as our base.
- Friendly non-threatening way to get into racing.
- Home made cake and Bacon Butties to keep energy levels up.
- No previous racing experience required.
- Participants do require a reasonable level of sailing ability, with confidence to handle a yacht in company with others.
- Crews must hire a yacht from one of the ‘Broads Sailing’ Charter Companies.
- Welcome briefing with introduction to Racing Rules on first evening.
- Evening programme at the Sutton Staithe Hotel of meals and events including live music & ‘Barton’s Got Talent’.
- Snacks available from the ‘Tea Hut’ on the Pontoon.
- Presentation Evening Dinner with many trophies to be won!
The Hire Fleets are separated out into fleets, handicaps allocated, and the racing is exciting and highly competitive, whilst also being great fun. We warmly welcome newcomers’ crews and aim to help you quickly ‘learn the ropes’ for the regatta and give you some ‘top tips for racing’ here at the yard before you leave for Barton, to get the best out of your Eastwood Whelpton yacht.
We usually have around 20 yachts on the water and base ourselves on Barton Broad for racing during the day. Customers moor up each evening either at the Sutton Staithe, Barton Turf, Neatished or Gay Staithe – depending on evening activities running. The sailing is fabulous and this is an experience not to be missed!
Evening meals for 3 evenings are included in our Regatta hospitality package and on the final evening we usually find ourselves a local hostelry for some sea shanties and local beer!
You May Also Like
“We had a fantastic trip aboard Windjammer. The staff at Eastwood Whelpton were very helpful and the boat was clean and tidy on arrival. All social distancing was maintained as we did the introduction before setting sail.”
“Best way to unwind… in the wind! After the fun and excitement of arriving and setting sail, you can feel life’s pressures falling away. Eastwood Whelpton is a lovely family owned boatyard on the beautiful Norfolk Broads. A short stay gives you just enough time to sail up to Hickling and Horsey, two lovely sailing destinations, where you can experience life at a pace it is meant to be. Cannot wait until we go again!”
Caroline & Jeremy Naylor
“So good we went twice summer 2020! Lovely friendly yard, great service, boats well kept and in good condition. Ropes replaced when getting worn, which is so important for enjoying sailing. Goodie bag and pint of milk in the fridge on arrival – they really take care of you.”
Pippa & Stewart Yuill
“Wonderful family sailing on the Broads. Eastwood Whelpton are an extremely friendly and professional team and this year also offering a very Covid-aware service, along with their traditional warm welcome. Just boarding begins to replenish the soul and a week aboard is life enhancing.”
Jon & Alison Waltho – Summer 2020